Gardeners in Somerset
With its prevailing Mediterranean climate, Somerset enjoys the gardener’s dream of sunshine and rainfall and is home to some of the UK’s finest formal gardens as well as numerous private gardens some of which are open under the National Garden Scheme.
Whether your ambitions are modest or you plan grand designs, our gardeners can help with every conceivable type of gardening project whether you want a traditional flower garden to complement a classic Somerset cottage or an uber modernist look for a contemporary city apartment.
Get Quotes From Local Gardeners
Looking for a gardener to start as soon as possible? Compare FREE quotes from local gardeners in your area.
Get expert help from a gardener
Gardeners can help in many different ways, they don’t have to be a regular cost; you can use a gardener or a gardening company to help with ad hoc projects or tasks like garden clearance before the spring.
A beautiful garden is something to be proud of but they are constant work and this can spoil the enjoyment if every time you take your drink and book outside you spot a weed that needs pulling or another job to do.
Gardeners can offer specialist services like design and makeovers and help with more experts tasks like felling a tree, stump grinding or laying a patio.
We can help you find a gardener to match your ambitions whether you need regular help with weekly gardening chores or are planning something big like new landscaping or building a patio.
How Does Gardening Costs Work?
1. Tell us some details of your gardening project
Let us know the details of the gardening work required.
2. Tell us your UK address
We have a national network of gardeners in the United Kingdom. Whether you are in Scotland or London, we can find a gardener.
3. Recieve no obligation quotes
You'll receive up to 4 no-obligation quotes from local gardeners and save money on your gardening project.
The benefits of hiring a gardener
Whatever type of garden service you are looking for, we can find the right gardener for you. There are countless advantages to hiring a gardener whether you want regular help every week or month or need specialist advice for a grand design. Here are some things a gardener can offer:-
- Advice and expertise for complicated jobs like stump grinding, relaying a patio or creating new borders
- A gardener can allow you to make the most of your leisure time outside, creating a beautiful space for you to enjoy with your family or socialising with friends
- Gardeners use their own power tools and can save you the cost and storage headache of buying bespoke equipment for different gardening jobs
- Avoid the constant hassle of having to manage specific chores like grass cutting when the weather is right which never seems to be when you have the time available to do it
- Enjoy your outdoor space like never before, plan new areas like herb gardens or a designated play space for children with specialist garden design consultants who can help breathe life into your ideas
- If you struggle with the heavy work or have a physical impairment or disability then a gardener can make light work of arduous chores such as weeding awkward height beds and raking the lawn
- A gardener can get you spring ready with ad hoc help like garden clearance
- Lose those regular chores which come thick and fast in the growing months like grass cutting and weeding, ideal if you have limited time and a busy life but still want to enjoy a beautiful green space during the evenings and at weekends
- Take on new projects and explore other aspects of gardening with an experienced gardener by your side to guide you
How to find the best gardeners in Somerset
Whether you want regular help throughout the warmer months, a pre-spring blitz or a complete makeover, there is a gardener out there for you. Here are just some of the tasks our gardeners can help with:-
- Mowing the lawn and grass care and maintenance is one of the most time consuming but visually rewarding jobs during the warmer months. Let our gardeners take the strain so you can sit back and enjoy a perfect green expanse when you want to relax and socialise during the evenings and weekends
- Planting flowers and planning splashes of colour whether you like borders, planters and tubs or hanging baskets
- Hedge cutting and the trimming of large shrubs, avoid that untidy and unkempt look with neat hedging and tidy shrubbery. A gardener will always have the right power tool for the job saving you the cost of an expensive purchase and the headache of storage
- Sitting in the garden or eating outside is one the nicest pleasures during the summer so if you are planning some new decking or a patio area then we can supply a garden designer to do all the hard work for you
- Garden clearance is a horrible job but a gardener or garden company can make light work of this messy and unpleasant task and save you the time of doing it yourself
- If you need to remove small trees or tree stumps then our experienced gardeners will be able to organise safe tree removal and stump grinding
How to find the best gardeners in Somerset
Our service will send you details of three of four different gardeners who will all supply a free quotation based on the job you have described. So how can you choose the right one for the job?
- Don’t go solely on price, the cheapest quote may not be fully inclusive
- Look at reviews for each gardener on our website
- Work out whether you want to pay a regular cost or just want some occasional help
- When you have chosen your gardener, discuss the work in detail and be clear about how the price will be charged
- Check whether the gardener supplies their own tools – they usually do although they may charge you for the fuel if they are not electric
- Who disposes of the garden waste particularly if there is likely to be a lot of it? This is particularly relevant for tree felling, garden clearance work and laying a new lawn. Would it be cheaper to hire a skip?
Somerset gardening services
Whether your needs are simple, grand, regular or occasional, we can find the best gardener in Somerset to suit your needs. You can go back and use our service repeatedly as your gardening requirements change and find just the right gardener for every project.
Gardening Jobs in Somerset average costs
Grass cutting services
Cost: From £10 an hour
Lawn mowing prices explained
Cost: From £15-£40 an hour
Gardening Cost per Hour
Cost: From £15 an hour
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the site safe and secure for my data?
All personal data like your postcode is stored safely and securely and is fully compliant with GDPR.
When I select a gardener, are there any up front costs?
Each gardener will have their own payment terms and there is normally no need to pay a deposit unless you are planning a scheme like a new patio or a garden makeover or some other one-off project. These are normally charged on a fixed cost basis and a deposit may be required if the gardener has to purchase items specific to your job like decking or patio tiles.
How can I find the right gardener for me in Somerset?
Our service will give you several choices and you can use the site repeatedly and alter your search criteria if you feel you need to look further.
There is no limit on the number of times you can search and if your requirements change, then you can take advantage of the wealth of expertise and varied services we offer.
How do I use Gardening Costs?
It is helpful to give as much detail as you can about what you are looking for as then you are more likely to have gardeners come forward who will offer exactly what you want.
Key in your requirements and your postcode and then just wait for the quotes to roll in. All our gardeners are reputable and professional, tried and tested by other site users with feedback and reviews you can read to help you make your choice. Step into springtime with one of our gardeners by your side.