Gardeners in London
London is home to many Victorian and Edwardian terraced homes with really beautiful gardens plus big 1930s, 40s and 50s houses in suburbia with generous gardens both front and back. But even if you just have a flat or an apartment with a balcony, there are so many things you can do to add some greenery to your life.
If you are looking for a gardener in London, then let our service do all the hard work for you and effortlessly match your requirements with our selection of professional and reputable gardeners local to your postcode.
It couldn’t be easier to bring your garden vision to life this spring whether you are planning a whole new garden makeover or just want some regular help with the routine chores like weeding and grass cutting.
Get Quotes From Local Gardeners
Looking for a gardener to start as soon as possible? Compare FREE quotes from local gardeners in your area.
What can a gardener do for you?
Gardeners don’t have to be for large or complicated gardens, some people just like to know that their garden will always look its best ready for them to enjoy without having to do all the work.
If you are planning a big project or makeover then look for specialists to help you on our website. Garden firms can help with one-off tasks like removing trees or stumps, putting in a new lawn or adding a patio or seating area.
Lots of gardeners in London will be getting ready for spring but there are plenty of good gardeners out there to suit your needs and we can help you find just the right one to suit your plans.
How Does Gardening Costs Work?
1. Tell us some details of your gardening project
Let us know the details of the gardening work required.
2. Tell us your UK address
We have a national network of gardeners in the United Kingdom. Whether you are in Scotland or London, we can find a gardener.
3. Recieve no obligation quotes
You'll receive up to 4 no-obligation quotes from local gardeners and save money on your gardening project.
Gardeners in London
Many people think that gardeners are just people you see working in parks or large formal gardens but you might be surprised at just what a range of services gardeners offer. Here are just some:-
- Have help with those regular chores of clipping shrubs, trimming hedges, weeding flower beds and cutting the grass, ideal if you are a busy person
- Gardeners offer one-off services like complete or partial garden clearance and also re-landscaping for new designs
- Your gardener will bring his own tools so you won’t need to acquire and store a collection of garden equipment, not always easy if you have a compact garden and don’t want a shed
- Opt for a makeover, a gardener can advise you what will work best for your garden with regard to soil type, shade and which way the garden faces. You don’t need to employ an expensive garden designer and a gardener can help you obtain the right plants and shrubs and other hard landscaping materials
- If you always feel behind the curve with your garden then employ a gardener to take back control and ditch that idea of paving it over for an easy life
- Visit new ideas with the current fashion for sensory areas in the garden and do your bit for the environment to encourage birdlife and insects – your gardener can advise which plants will work best
- It’s not just time which can be limited, if you are struggling with heavy work due to age or a physical restriction then a gardener can share the load and do the manual work of weeding and digging out beds whilst you concentrate on lighter tasks
Find a London gardener
London is one of the greenest cities in the world when it comes to gardens so there are more gardeners out there than you might think, the challenge is trying to find the right one.
If you use an internet search engine, you will receive lots of results but no more clue as to who might be the right person or company to choose. Using our website gives you peace of mind as all our gardeners are reputable professionals with genuine reviews and feedback online from other site users.
Just key in your details and some information about your job and wait for three or four free quotes to land in your inbox all from gardeners in London local to your postcode.
Include as much relevant information that you can to increase your chances of finding a perfect match for your job. Some relevant details might include:-
- Is this regular gardening work or a one-off project?
- What kind of work is involved, does it include landscaping, re-designing or just regular garden maintenance?
- Are there any difficulties with site access especially if there will be a lot of garden waste or machinery and equipment may need to be brought in?
Best of all, you can check out reviews for your gardeners on our site.
Gardeners in London
Whatever your garden plans this year, have the garden you have always dreamed of with just a little help from Gardening Costs. We can help you find the perfect gardener for your project large or small. You can go back and use the site again as your needs change or if you need specialist help.
Gardening Jobs in London average costs
Grass cutting services
Cost: From £10 an hour
Lawn mowing prices explained
Cost: From £15-£40 an hour
Gardening Cost per Hour
Cost: From £15 an hour
Frequently Asked Questions
What does garden maintenance involve?
Basic and regular garden maintenance might include grass cutting and edging the lawn, planting flowers and shrubs, clipping hedges and weeding.
What’s better, an hourly rate or a fixed price?
It really depends on whether your project is standalone or you want frequent help in the garden. If you pay by the hour, you will only ever pay for the hours worked so if the job takes less time or the gardener finishes early then you just pay for the time spent. Large jobs are sometimes more economic if they are costed on a fixed price basis rather than an hourly rate.
Is garden waste disposal included in the cost?
Some garden waste up to a specified amount will be included in the price but do check with your gardener as to the limit. Small amounts of waste like lawn clippings can be managed by using a compost heap but lots of debris especially wood may incur an extra charge for disposal.
Can gardeners work at the weekend?
Gardeners do often work at the weekend although this might be the time you want to enjoy your garden with family and friends. There are local restrictions on gardening work on a Sunday which precludes the use of noisy equipment like a hedge cutter or chain saw.
How do I pay a gardener?
Payment arrangements are a matter for the individual gardener and his client, some gardeners will still opt for cash but more and more are using apps for instant online bank transfers. If you are employing someone for a large project which is priced at a fixed cost then the quotation may require a deposit up front particularly if the gardener has to buy materials or hire in equipment.
Is the Gardening Costs website simple and easy to use?
You don’t need to be a tech genius to use our site, it is easy and intuitive and your data is completely safe and secure. The quotes are provided without any obligation leaving you free to talk to the gardeners of your choice and then pick the right one for your job. You can use the site as often as you want for lots of different jobs and projects.
Look forward to spring with a fresh new look in your garden with the help of Gardening Costs.